Saturday 27 October 2007

Crispy Banana Pudding

I used to love this when i was younger. I haven't had it for years, so i scrounged the recipe from my Mum. I use ready made custard instead of making your own....My Mum's notes say that "Kids love this"....they do, but so do grown ups!

You Need:

2 Bananas
1 oz Vegetable Suet
3 oz Fresh Breadcrumbs
4 oz Brown Sugar
1 Pint Ready Made Custard

Mix the Suet, Breadcrumbs and Sugar together in a bowl. Place half of the mixture in the bottom of a one and a half pint pie dish.

Slice the 'nanas and spread them over the sugar/breadcrumb mixture. Then pour the custard on top of the 'nanas

Lastly, spread the remaining Breadcrumb/Sugar mixture on top of the Custard.

Cook in a pre-heated oven at 180c for approx 30 mins or until golden and bubbling.

Serves 2

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin